Bible Evidence For Prosperity
* Jesus Christ "became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich." (2 Corinthians 8:9)
* God has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant. (Psalm 35:27)
* "The blessing of the Lord makes one rich." (Proverbs 10:22)
* God is not selfish or stingy but "gives us richly all things to enjoy." (1 Timothy 6:17)
* "The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord." (Psalm 33:5)
Why did God create such abundance and give it to us unless it is His will for us to have it?
"The earth He has given to the children of men." (Psalm 115:16)
* Christians are joint heirs with Christ. (Romans 8:17)
With Him God also freely gave us all things. (Romans 8:32)
* We will reign (as kings) in life through Jesus Christ. (Romans 5:17)
The rich rules over the poor (Proverbs 22:7) so it can not be God's will for His people to be poor.
* God "gives (us) power to get wealth." (Deuteronomy 8:18)
* "For all the promises of God in (Christ) are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us." (2 Corinthians 1:20)
* God teaches us to profit. (Isaiah 48:17)
* God gave us instructions on how to be prosperous and have good success. (Joshua 1:8 & Psalm 1:1-3)
Why would He tell us how if it was not His will for us to prosper?
* God desires that we prosper. (3 John 1:2)
* You should have "all sufficiency in all things" so you can "have an abundance for every good work." (2 Corinthians 9:8)
* Christians have been called to freedom. (Galatians 5:13)
Whom the Son of God sets free is free indeed. (John 8:36)
If you do not have financial freedom you are not truly free.
* Human (and even animal) parents desire the best for their children.
Jesus said "how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things." (Matthew 7:11)
Do you desire your children to lack anything good?
Is God as good as you?
* We are to ask the Father and receive that our joy may be full. (John 16:24)
Being full equals abundance.
* God loves a cheerful giver and most people need more than just what is necessary to really be one. (2 Corinthians 9:7)
* He is the God of peace.
Peace means "prosperity in every way" in both the Hebrew of the Old Testament and the Greek of the New Testament.
"The chastisement for our peace was upon (Jesus Christ)." (Isaiah 53:5)
* "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law" (Galatians 3:13) which includes poverty and lack.
* The blessing of Abraham is supposed to come upon those who are in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:14)
"The Lord blessed Abraham in all things." (Genesis 24:1)
"(Abraham) was very rich in livestock, in silver, and in gold." (Genesis 13:2)
* "God shows no partiality" (Acts 10:34) and He made several people in the Bible wealthy.
* God says wisdom is the principal thing and commands us to get it. (Proverbs 4:7)
Jesus has been made unto us wisdom. (1 Corinthians 1:30)
Riches and honor come with wisdom. (Proverbs 3:16 & 8:18)
* Instructions are given that you may lack nothing. (1 Thessalonians 4:11-12; James 1:4)
* God "has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness." (2 Peter 1:3)
* Jesus told us to pray that God's "will be done on earth as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
Heaven is a place of abundance.
Go to BELIEVE! Papers List
Go to Believers Home Page